Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking an Assistant Accountant for a 5-year USDA McGovern-Dole Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program which aims to reduce hunger and improve literacy and nutrition among school-age students, especially girls. With the support and under the supervision of the Accountant, the Assistant Accountant will provide support for all aspects of financial project management as well as coordination of all financial activities. The individual selected for this position will have experience in the areas of: finance and accounting. This is a full-time position based in Maputo, Mozambique. The applicant should be a Mozambique national or have the legal right to work/reside in Mozambique.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review of payment requests and check for missing documents;
· Support the completion monthly financial reports and providing information to the Accountant;
· Assisting with monthly projections
· Complete bank reconciliations;
· Verifying balances in account books and rectify discrepancies;
· Verifying bank deposits
· Managing day-to-day transactions
· Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget;
· Posting daily receipts
· Handling accruals and prepayments
· Encoding accounting entries for data processing;
· Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts;
· Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
· Other duties as assigned by the Accountant.
· Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field;
· Three years of experience preferred in finance and administration;
· Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and QuickBooks accounting software;
· Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills;
· Ability to work well in a team environment;
· Fluency in both English and Portuguese are required;
· Experience working for USDA programs;
· Strong sense of responsibility;
· Analytical skills
· Good Judgment
Interested candidates should submit their CVs in PDF to hr.mzMGD@counterpart.org by April 15, 2022.
Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Counterpart International to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.