Purpose of the position
To implement, and monitor the WASH and health interventions within Good Neighbors Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) program in the Mapai and Chicualacuala Districts, with the goal to improve the public health of the target population. The WASH Officer coordinates and oversees all activities that require knowledge in civil engineering (in particular, water and sanitation engineering) and and Hygiene Promotion activities approaches
1. Key Responsibilities:
· Coordinate with the WASH Construction Officer in implementing the project’s common activities in order to ensure integrity in the quality of Good Neighbors WASH programs intervention
· Identify, assess, and respond health and WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene) needs among targeted schools, health centers and the targeted community in Mapai and Chicualacuala
· Conduct hygiene promotion sessions for health centers, schools (teachers, schools principals and students) and for community members in Chicualacuala and Mapai
· Arrange trainings to staff schools, government technicians and health care providers on a referral mechanism for Wash services
· Mobilize communities to increase ownership and maintenance of WASH
· Arrange and deliver hygiene promotion sessions to raise health and hygiene standards and practices among targeted communities
· Implement health and hygiene promotion initiatives appropriate to the context ensuring the technical and social aspects of water and sanitation programming are integrated
· Educate people about key aspects of health and hygiene in a culturally appropriate manner
· Ensure all work is carried out as per the community needs and project standards
· Assess the needs for WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene facilities) interventions in Community level, including public schools and health facilities
· Prepare or revise the list of construction-related quantities and construction plans works and also participates in infrastructure projects and procurement processes
· Supervise the execution of WASH jobs directly and provide technical guidance and specialization for the hygiene promotion team
· Line Manage Hygiene and Sanitation Assistants to ensure the participation of beneficiaries in projects, and infrastructure maintenance is respected according to the guidelines and standards
· Prepare and submit reports to the Wash Manager using the appropriate templates by request and schedule.
2. Networking and Coordination with key project stakeholders
· Collaborate with a number of other agencies, including local authorities and local government during the implementation of WASH programs.
· Data collection, accurate record keeping and information management to measure progress and impact of the project, in accordance with the guidelines and required by the WASH cluster.
· Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
3. Qualifications: Education / Knowledge / Technical Skills and Experience
· Technical Education Medium of WASH and health related field (Preferred: Public Health, Nursing, Teaching etc.) or in another field with 2 year complimentary WASH and health experience
· Proven experience in rural sanitation program using CLTS approach (SANTOLIC)
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Proven ability to build capacity of partners/ stakeholders through formal trainings and informal job shadowing and mentoring
· Ability to monitor work of project-hired contractors
· Good interpersonal skills
· Must have cross-cultural sensitivity, problem solving and negotiation skills
· Good team building skills; a creative, innovative, and adaptability personality
· Ability to cope and work under pressure.
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural and difficult / sensitive contexts.
· Ability to spend 100% of job in the field
4. Technical Skills and Abilities
· Proficiency in both English and Shangana required.
· Stress-resistant and able to deal with complex deadlines and problems
· Skills in community mobilization and team management are critical
· Have cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge and ability to work with people of different origins and cultures
· Computer Literacy Demonstrated (MS Office Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and databases) with hands-on experience in tracking recruitment results / metrics.
Deadline for documents: 14-Feb-2020
→ Todos anúncios de Good Neighbors
→ Explorar vagas de Higiene