Descrição da Vaga de Emprego
Reports to: Operations Manager Africa
Job Purpose: To manage Mining Services Operations in region including surface and underground mining in accordance with all company SHE&S procedures & standards, to meet customer requirements on site and maintain close communication with the customer, head office.
|1. Safety, Health & Environment & Security
- Operate within the Company SHE standards;
- Perform job and transport audits to ensure safe working practices and environmental standards are being fully employed;
- Maintenance of personnel training levels, equipment inspections, and inventory records in compliance with company and legal requirements;
- Compliance with plant operating procedures, including: work permits, confined space entry, control of change, PPE application, record keeping, security management and employee handbook;
- No safety, health and environmental incidents;
- Deliver the SHES plan for West African Region including action management and audit plan;
- No product transport incidents;
- No personal accidents to self or direct reports;
- No preventable security incursions or thefts;
- Understanding and demonstrated leadership for the BoS for all operations
|2. Commercial Ownership
- Generation of monthly production volume and Operational KPI reports;
- Implementation of “participative management” approach including empowerment and active consultation with employees on plant and management system improvements;
- Continuous variable production cost reduction;
- Continuous fixed cost reduction;
- Continuous inventory optimization;
- Active employee development towards higher-level capability;
- Fixed cost budget generation and compliance;
- Sales and Operations Planning process implementation and delivery;
- Support business growth in West African Region.
|3. Innovative Customer Solutions
- Continuous improvement of administrative systems to advantaging customer and us;
- Implementation of new customer-focused product formulations (and types) in conjunction with R&D development team;
- Direct government agency liaison to facilitate ease of customer and Ouroperations;
- Support the value in use program, scoping studies and other technically/operation led initiatives;
- Support and manage business efficiency programs.
|4. Working Together
- Interface with EMEA SHE and supply chain (logistics and production) teams;
- Support of other EMEA operations in the form of information sharing and audit provision;
- Work with local communities (in conjunction with Clients) to facilitate community knowledge and acceptance of West African Region operations;
- Demonstrated leadership of the West African Region Operations team.
- Self-starter/ initiative;
- Team player;
- Coaching/ leader;
- Fluent English speaker;
- Other African languages an asset;
- Proficient in PC software including: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Degree (Science, Chemical, Mechanical ,Mining Engineering Preferred);
- Safety training;
- 2 years MMU operations management experience;
- 10 years experience in explosives production facilities;
- experience in underground and open cut mining.
- Currently 3 sites, ANE Manufacture;
- MMU’s & MCU’s to service Sites;
- Remote location, challenging environment.