Descrição da Vaga de Emprego
Email: [email protected]
Cel: 84 8484 299
Local: Cabo Delgado
Situated on the southern Peninsular of Pemba, close to the Quirimbas National Park, Diamonds Mequfi Beach Resort, is a luxury 5* Resort built on the sandy dunes of the stunning Mecúfi Bay. The Resort lies at about one hour drive from the international airport of Pemba and is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
We are currently recruiting for the following position: Pastry Chef.
- Pastry chefs are in charge of the baking aspect of kitchens and restaurants, delivering cakes, breads, and any bread based components to meals;
- Pastry chefs work with a team of bakers and cooks to prepare, bake and decorate their food, and must keep their team organized, stocked and motivated;
- Pastry chefs work with a restaurant’s head chef to pair breads and desserts, order supplies, and hire staff;
- Pastry chefs also create recipes or follow existing ones, using a creative flair to their craft, but all the time maintaining records, ordering food, and enforcing food safety standards.
- Pastry chefs are often in charge of creating new and innovative breads and desserts that will bring in customers. Knowledge of ingredients and how to use them in a creative way will serve you well;
- Pastry chefs are in charge of the pastry staff of a kitchen. Being a good leader, who can assign tasks, hire the right people, motivate workers in a high stress environment will help immensely;
- Pastry chefs work with knives, icing bags and other precision tools and must have excellent technique when cutting and preparing food. Hand-eye coordination is needed;
- Pastry chefs are the last line of defense to make sure each piece of food is safe, prepared correctly and tasty;
- Kitchens get busy quickly, food can get ruined easily if you cannot manage your time. Great time management will help you avoid burned or spoiled food and angry customers;
- Pastry chefs must understand the restaurant business. This means balancing expenses with profits, managing staff, minimizing waste, and more.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Pastry Chef, preferably in a banquet environment;
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of creative work for consideration;
- Strong negotiation and communication skills;
- Proven working experience in Pastry Chef responsibilities;
- Professional appearance;
- Solid Portuguese and English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work under pressure;
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
Depending on experience and qualifications.
Send us your CV to [email protected] or call this number for more information 848484299.